Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Habits and Attitudes...or Habitudes

This verse really spoke to me last night about some of the bad habits we form in our daily life (ie. eating habits, sleeping habits, habits in how we spend our leisure time etc.):
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.....I Corinthians 6:12
So the question is what things in our life are we allowing to control us, distract us, and to be a hindrance to us? Which habits are we allowing into our lives which are not helping us? We know that God gives us free will. We also know that many of the things that we do are not sinful, but many of them are not helpful either. The verse goes on to say that our bodies are for God only. The purpose for our bodies is to bring glory to God (v. 13) not for our own pleasure. If we look at many of our habits, they are responsible for bringing us down. Think of one habit you have and ask yourself- how does this make me better? If it doesn't, ditch it. I know it's easier said than done. However, think about it. Your future is already being built by your attitudes and your habits of today. Build wisely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment